This Frequently Asked Questions section should answer all of your common questions regarding Reel Cinemas at The Dubai Mall & Dubai Marina Mall. Please review the Question and Answers below. Should you not find the information you are looking for, feel free to contact us on our customer service number or the request form located on the right-hand side of this page.
- Current ticket prices
2D movies - Standard, The Dubai Mall & Dubai Marina Mall AED 36.50 3D movies - Standard, The Dubai Mall & Dubai Marina Mall AED 52.50 2D movies - Standard Plus, The Dubai Mall & Dubai Marina Mall AED 47 3D movies - Standard Plus, The Dubai Mall & Dubai Marina Mall AED 63 Dine-in Ticket, Jebel Ali Recreation Club AED 50 Dine-in Package, Jebel Ali Recreation Club AED 160 Dolby Cinema, Dolby, Dubai Marina Mall AED 60 Dolby Cinema, Dolby Plus, Dubai Marina Mall AED 100 Barco Escape, The Dubai Mall & Dubai Marina Mall AED 80 2D movies at Platinum Movie Suites, The Dubai Mall AED 136.50 3D movies at Platinum Movie Suites, The Dubai Mall AED 168 MX4D movies at The Dubai Mall AED 94.50
Movie tickets purchased include a pair of 3D glasses.
Inclusive of VAT 5%
- When do you update your online movie schedules?
- Weekly, new sessions open every Thursday
- Why is a session time different at the Cineplex than what is shown in the newspaper or internet movie listings?
- We are required to submit our session times for newspaper and internet listings at least 3 days in advance and even earlier when there is a public holiday. Hence, when there are changes to the schedules, these cannot be corrected as amendments are not accepted after submission. To confirm a session time, please check the updated schedules on our website or at the box office.
- How many days in advance can I book tickets?
Once session is available.
- What time does your box office open and close?
- The box office will open at 10.00am and will close half an hour after the last showtime in the evening. The opening and closing hours of our box office varies as they depend on first movie and the last movie of the day at the cineplex. Furthermore, Reel Cinemas may offer midnight screenings, and double midnight screenings, hence the variations of timing.
- Where can I direct my enquiries?
- Your enquiries should be directed to We Care Contact us.
- Can I cancel my booking and request for a refund?
- After your booking is confirmed and paid for, no cancellations or refunds will be allowed under any circumstances. All tickets sold are non-returnable and non-refundable, even if you do not turn up to collect your tickets.
- How can I make changes to my booking?
- You can only make changes to your booking by going directly to the box office of the Cineplex where you booked your tickets. This is subject to seat availability for the movie and/or showtime that you want to change to. You need to make the changes at the box office at least 2 hours before the movie showtime that you originally booked. No changes can be made after the movie that you originally booked has started and all tickets and bookings fees are non-refundable.
- Do children need movie tickets?
- Toddlers under 2 years old can enter for free but will not be entitled to have a seat to himself/herself.
- What are the rules & regulation in Reel Cinemas?
- 1) Smoking and outside food and beverages are not permitted inside the cinema auditorium. The cinema reserves the right to do random bag checks at the auditorium entrance. 2) Any recording devices are strictly prohibited inside the cinema 3) Platinum Movie Suites are only applicable to patrons above 18 years of age. 4) Reel Cinemas strictly adheres to the film rating regulations of the UAE and reserves the right to refuse admission if proof of age cannot be given.
- What do film ratings mean?
Movie ratings are mandated by the National Media Council and are strictly followed at Reel Cinemas. Customers should ensure that they do not purchase tickets for persons who are not permitted by the ratings to watch that movie. We regret to inform that no refunds or exchanges will be applicable on any such purchases.
Rating Description G General audiences - suitable for all ages PG13 Parental guidance - Under 13 not admitted unless accompanied by an individual over 13. Some material may not be suitable for children. PG15 Parental guidance - Under 15 not admitted unless accompanied by an individual over 15. Some material may not be suitable for children. 15+ No persons under 15 admitted. 18+ No persons under 18 admitted. PG Parental Guidance - Some material may not be suitable for children.
Note: An ID may be required for proof of age
- What is The Concierge Service?
- Concierge Service is five stars services available only at Reel Cinemas, The Dubai Mall.
Concierge Services gives the moviegoers the chance to enjoy a glamorous movie experience for an additional AED 30 per person only and avail a range of luxury benefits:
- Exclusive counter
- Delivery of F&B
- Pillow & blanketConcierge Service is available until 30 minutes after the start of the final movie of the day.
- Concierge Service is five stars services available only at Reel Cinemas, The Dubai Mall. Concierge Services gives the moviegoers the chance to enjoy a glamorous movie experience for an additional AED 30 per person only and avail a range of luxury benefits:
- What is Dolby Atmos?
- Dolby Atmos is a new sound system available at Screen 22 at Reel Cinemas, The Dubai Mall.
Dramatic New Moviegoing Experience
Dolby Atmos goes far beyond surround sound to create a new level of realism for moviegoers. In a movie with Dolby Atmos, cinema sound moves around the theatre to match what you see on the screen.
Overhead Speakers for Added Realism
Cinemas equipped for Dolby Atmos have overhead speakers that heighten the realism.
Rain on a roof, airplanes taking off - you'll hear the sounds exactly where they would be in real life.
Always Reflects the Creator's Intent
Dolby Atmos gives filmmakers full creative control over the placement and movement of sound around the audience. No matter the size of the theatre, you'll always see and hear the full realization of their creative visions.
Independently Controlled Speakers.
Dolby Atmos employ up to 64 independently controlled speakers. You'll hear extraordinary power and impact when the director calls for it. You'll also hear the most subtle details with amazing clarity.
- Dolby Atmos is a new sound system available at Screen 22 at Reel Cinemas, The Dubai Mall.
- What is Mx4D?
- MX4D® Motion EFX Theatre, the newest evolution in the 4D cinema experience, provides a totally immersive environment, where you actually "feel" the action on the screen from the built-in motion and effects in the seats and theatre around you.
- Guy Fieri’s Kitchen & Bar and Dine-in Cinema by Reel Cinemas
- What is the age restriction and policy for Dine-in Cinema?
- Dine-in Cinema has 2 types of sessions. Some sessions are licensed movie sessions for those that are 21 years and above only. Other sessions are for all ages (permitted movie age rating restrictions are adhered to). Please ensure you check the website.
- Can I purchase a movie ticket without food?
- Yes, there are 2 ticket types:- Dine-in Package - AED160 (includes movie + starter + main, additional food and beverages can be ordered once you arrive at the cinema)- Dine-in Ticket - AED50 (includes movie ticket only, food and beverages can be ordered once you arrive at the cinema)
- What if I change my mind on the food selection when I made my online booking?
- Please inform the staff upon arrival to the cinema and we will do our best change the food item however we cannot guarantee availability of other items.Changes to a booking can also be done by calling Reel Cinemas at 04 448 8493.
- Can I order additional food during the movie?
- Upon arrival to the cinema, kindly place your additional food orders at the reception counter, before the movie starts.
- How do I order beverages?
- Upon arrival to the cinema, kindly place your beverage orders at the reception counter, before the movie starts.
- What is the pricing of Dine-in Cinema Movie Ticket?
- All movies are screened in 2DDine-in Package - AED160 (includes movie + starter + main)Dine-in Ticket - AED50 (movie ticket only, guests can order food and beverage upon arrival to cinema)
- What time should I arrive for my movies in the Dine-in Cinemas?
- We suggest arriving at least half an hour before the start of your movie so that you can order any additional food or beverages.You may also order a beverage in the restaurant whilst you wait for your movie to start.
- Do you offer children packages for Dine-in Cinema?
- Standard Packages are applicable to persons of all ages.
- Is the Dine-in Cinema wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, we have an elevator as well as designated areas inside the cinema screen.Bookings can be made at the cinema.
- Can I use my Reel Cinemas Gift Card to pay for the Dine-in Cinemas Movie Tickets or if I dine at the restaurant?
- Yes, you may use your Reel Cinemas Gift Card to purchase Dine-in Cinema Movie Tickets or when dinning at the restaurant.
- Can I dine at the restaurant without watching a movie?
- Yes, our restaurant is open 7 days a week from 10am until close.
- Can I use my Reel Cinemas Unlimited Movie Pass to watch movies?
- Reel Cinemas Unlimited Movie Pass can only be redeemed at The Dubai Mall and Dubai Marina Mall Standard Cinemas.
- Are reservations required for the restaurant?
- We operate on a first come, first serve basis in the restaurant.If you are watching a movie in the Dine-in Cinema then online bookings are recommended.
- How do I book a private event?
- Simply contact our group bookings team on +971 4 449 1903 or email at email@example.com
- Dolby Cinema
- What is Dolby Cinema?
- Dolby Cinema is a premium cinema concept created by Dolby Laboratories that combines Dolby proprietary technologies such as Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, a signature entrance and intrinsic design features.
- What will be the pricing of Dolby tickets?
- Dolby is AED 60 and Dolby Plus is AED 100.
- Are movies played in 3D in Dolby Cinema and do you need to watch movies with 3D glasses?
- No, movies are currently not played in 3D in Dolby Cinema and can be watched without 3D glasses.
- Online Booking
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, JCB credit card and Reel Cinemas movie gift card for online purchasing.
- Is it safe to use my credit card?
- We incorporate SSL security within this site, an industry standard technology that is recognised as the best software available today for conducting secure commerce transactions over the internet.
- How much does it cost?
- Total ticket cost is detailed in your shopping basket prior to confirming your purchase.
- What about Municipality Tax?
- All prices quoted on this site are inclusive of Municipality Tax.
- Are there any Credit Card Discounts / Complimentary Passes / Promotions that are applicable with online booking?
- No credit card discounts, complimentary passes and promotions are applicable with online bookings. These are only applicable for direct purchase at the box office.
- Can I select seats?
- Yes, you can select your seats by clicking on the seats you want on the seating plan. You will be charged according to the number of seats selected. The seats you have selected are highlighted in blue. To de-select, click on the blue seats and you can re-select your preferred seats again.
- How many tickets can I puchase online ?
- There is a maximum purchase limit of 25 tickets per transaction. You may perform as many transactions as you wish and there is no online booking fees.
- How do I collect my tickets?
- Book your movies online and show the screenshot or printout of your digital ticket at the screen entrance to be admitted. Online tickets collection is also possible at the box office or the ticketing kiosks located in cinemas lobby.
- Do I require my credit card to collect my tickets?
- Yes, the cardholder must bring along the same credit card used to make the booking online, to collect tickets at the box office of the Cineplex that he or she booked the tickets with.
- How can I make changes to my booking?
You can only make changes to your booking by going directly to the box office of the Cineplex where you booked your tickets. This is subject to seat availability for the movie and/or showtime that you want to change to. You need to make the changes at the box office at least 2 hours before the movie showtime that you originally booked. No changes can be made after the movie that you originally booked has started and all tickets and bookings fees are non-refundable.
Changes to booking can also be done by calling Reel Cinemas at 04 4 49 1903
- Will I be charged if I do not collect my tickets ?
- The booking system works via your credit card and it will be charged immediately on confirmation of booking. Hence if you do not collect your tickets, your credit/debit card would already have been charged and no changes/cancellations/refunds will be entertained.
- What is your refund policy
- All transactions once completed and confirmed are not exchangeable or refundable under any circumstances. No refunds or exchanges will be entertained if you do not turn up to collect your tickets.
- When is my credit card debited?
- Your credit card is debited once you click the Purchase button. Adding items to your shopping cart does not result in your credit card being debited, but clicking the Purchase button on the screen does.
- Where can I make an enquiry I could not find the answer here?
- If you are not able to find the answer here you can send your enquiry to We Care Contact us.
- 3D Movies
- What can I expect when watching a 3D movie?
- The visual presentation system employed in 3D movies attempts to maintain or recreate moving images of the third dimension, giving the illusion of depth as seen by the patron. So patrons can expect the visuals to "come alive" as if the characters and objects in the film are actually in the same room as the patron.
- Will the cinema screen be able to project the 3D effects successfully as the screen is flat?
- Yes, with special 3D projection equipment & the special 3D glasses. A pair of 3D glasses will be made available to patrons that will help create the illusion of depth required to make the on-screen visuals "pop out" of the screen, as if it were right in front of you.
- How often will the Cineplex screen 3D titles?
- We are looking at showcasing several movies in 3D moving forward and the frequency of this would approximately be at least once every 2 months as we depend on film distributors to confirm if there is any upcoming release available in 3D format.
- Are we able to know in advance which movies are going to be screened in 3D?
- Yes, we will advertise this information online and within our cineplex premises as soon as we receive confirmation from the film distributors on the availability of the movie in 3D format.
- Why is a 3D movie ticket more expensive than regular movie ticket?
- Reel Cinemas has attached a premium value to 3D tickets because of the investment costs required to ensure a smooth and efficient presentation and experience for patrons. Unlike 2D digital presentations, the costs involved in the equipment, glasses, manpower and service / equipment maintenance are significantly higher. This is also a price model adapted from countries who already showcase 3D movies as a permanent feature i.e. USA, Australia.
- Are complimentary movies passes allowed?
- Yes, 3D complimentary passes or vouchers are accepted at Reel Cinemas as long as they are valid and mention 3D.
- What happens if there is a defect found on the glasses before the movie?
- You will need to approach the usher at the back of the hall to exchange your pair for another one before the start of the main feature.
- What happens if there is a defect found on the glasses during the movie? (eg: I don't feel the 3D effect)
- You will need to approach the usher at the back of the hall to exchange your pair for another one.
- Are the 3D glasses free-sized?
- Reel Cinemas at The Dubai Mall & Dubai Marina Mall offers adult and child size 3D glasses that patrons can choose from.
- What should I do if I feel nauseous / ill?
- Patrons who feel ill should remove their 3D glasses, close their eyes and relax. If you need further assistance, please leave the hall and approach any of our ushers stationed just outside the hall.
- Am I able to change the movie if I feel like I'm not able to continue with the 3D effects?
- We regret that no refund can be extended should the main feature commence punctually and proceed with no faults / interruptions.
- Can I get a full refund if I find the 3D effects disturbing?
- Reel Cinemas will address incidents like these on a case-by-case basis but the company policy would be to not facilitate a refund if there were no inherent faults in the presentation from a technical or service provision perspective as patrons are free to leave the hall should the 3D effects not sit well with them.
- Why are children below 2 years of age not allowed into the hall?
- Reel Cinemas is not insisting that children below 2 years of age not be allowed into the hall. We do not recommend it simply because, every patron admitted needs a pair of 3D glasses and to redeem a pair, the person needs an admission ticket. As a child below 2 years of age does not require a separate admission ticket, this would mean an additional ticket purchase on the part of the parent / guardian. As the glasses are a one-size-fits all design, it may not fit the child well, which may inevitably mar the viewing pleasure of the child. Nevertheless Reel Cinemas respects the decision made by parents / guardian but will need for the child to have a separate admission ticket purchased under such circumstances.
- If there is no usher stationed outside hall during the movie, what should I do?
- Please approach the usher station in front of the main entrance and he / she will assist you.
- Can I purchase the 3D glasses as a memento?
- Movie tickets purchased include a pair of 3D glasses and you may take them home as a memento.
- Guests with Gift Cards starting with the digits27, are requested to visit any Reel Cinemas location and replace this card with a new card.
- Gift Card
- Where can I buy the Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card?
- Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card can be purchased from Box Office counters across all Reel Cinemas.
- Why should I buy Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card?
- Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card is the perfect gift for your friends, family and loved ones.
Holder of a Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card can purchase tickets, food & beverages at all Reel Cinemas counters and book movie tickets online using Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card.
- Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card is the perfect gift for your friends, family and loved ones.
- Can I purchase movie tickets for Platinum Movie Suites or food & beverage at Platinum Lounge with my Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card?
- Yes, Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card is accepted for ticket purchases for Platinum Movie Suites or food & beverage purchases at Platinum Lounges.
- Is there a limit to how much credit can be loaded on the Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card?
- Yes. You can credit the Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card for a maximum of AED 2,000. The minimum value that can be loaded is AED 20.
- Are there any additional fees associated with the Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card, other than the load value?
- Card is free of charge.
- Can I reload the Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card?
- What do I do if the purchase amount is greater than the AED value available on my Movie Gift Card?
- If the purchase amount is greater than the AED value on your Movie Gift Card, you will need to make the additional payment with cash for purchases at box office or food & beverage counters. For online bookings, if the purchase amount is greater than the AED value on your Movie Gift Card, we are unable to complete the online transaction.
- Does the Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card expire?
- Valid for 5 years.
- How do I activate the Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card?
- The Gift Card is automatically activated at the time of purchase.
- Can I purchase tickets at the self-service kiosk with a Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card?
- Not yet, but very soon self-service kiosk will be enabled to accept Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Cards.
- Where can I check my balance for the Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card?
- You can check your balance anytime on Gift Card page on this website. You will be required to enter unique 16 digit number on your Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card. You can also check your balance at any box office counter at Reel Cinemas. Any balance remaining in your card will also be displayed on your receipt after purchases at Box Office counters and F&B counters. Your balance can be used towards your next purchase.
- Where is the Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card accepted and what can I purchase with it?
- Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card is valid for purchases at Box Office counters, F&B counters across all Reel Cinemas and via online bookings made on Reel Cinemas website.
- How many times can I use my Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card?
- Your Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card can be used as many times as necessary to complete the credit spend, within the 5 years validity period. The total monetary value credited does not have to be spent in a single transaction.
- What do I do when I have spent all my credit on my Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card?
- Card is reloadable. Only expires after 5 years from date of purchase
- What if I wish to cancel a booking made using my Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card?
- After your booking is confirmed and paid for, no cancellations or refunds will be allowed under any circumstances. All tickets sold are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- What if there is still credit on my Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card when it expires?
- Card is valid for 5 years. Once the Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card has expired, it becomes invalid for use and the expired amount is not refundable.
- What if my Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card is lost or stolen?
- Please remember that the Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card must be treated as cash. Reel Cinemas is not responsible for any lost, misplaced, stolen or damaged cards, including credit loaded onto such cards.
- What are the terms & conditions for Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card?
- Using Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card constitutes acceptance to the terms and conditions
- Reel Cinemas reserves the right to update or amend the terms and conditions of Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card without prior notice
- Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card is valid for purchases at Reel Cinemas Box Office counters, F&B counters and via online bookings made on www.reelcinemas.ae
- Once purchased, Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card is non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for any monies, credit or otherwise
- Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card is valid for 5 years from the date of purchase. After reaching the expiry date, any remaining value on the card cannot be claimed back and the card is not reusable
- Reel Cinemas reserves the right to cancel issued cards for reasons including, but not limited to fraudulent use and stolen cards
- Please keep your Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card safe. Only original, undamaged Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Cards will be accepted as a form of payment
- Reel Cinemas is not responsible for any lost, misplaced, stolen or damaged cards, including credit loaded onto such cards
- Refunds from purchases will not be re-credited onto Reel Cinemas Movie Gift Card
- Reel Cinemas reserves the right to correct the balance of your Movie Gift Card if a clerical, billing or accounting error has occurred. Should you have queries relating to your transaction history or any corrections made, please call Reel Cinemas on 04 449 1903
- Any balance remaining in your card will be displayed on your receipt after purchases at Box Office counters and F&B counters and can be used towards your next purchase. Alternatively enquire at Reel Cinemas Box Office counters to check the current balance of your card
- Should you require further information on the Movie Gift Card, please visit www.reelcinemas.ae or call 04 4 49 1903
- Other terms & conditions apply